THE GALLERIA’S 14TH MEN OF STYLE CHALLENGE; ANNUAL EVENT GOES VIRTUAL FOR 2020
Thursday, December 03, 2020 at 5:00 PM
VIRTUAL ANNOUNCEMENT - VOTING CLOSES AT 12 NOON ON DECEMBER 3!
HONOREES ANNOUNCED FOR THE GALLERIA’S 14TH MEN OF STYLE CHALLENGE; ANNUAL EVENT GOES VIRTUAL FOR 2020
Cast Your Vote Online for This Year’s Chic and Charitable Men to Benefit
11 Local Philanthropies
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (October 7, 2020) – The Galleria at Fort Lauderdale, recognized as Broward County’s premier shopping destination, has announced the lineup of honorees for its 14th annual Men of Style Challenge which will take place virtually from October 7 – December 3. This year, to comply with COVID-19 social distancing and health guidelines, supporters will have the chance to cast a vote directly for their favorite man of style without a physical event.
Votes are $25 each with 100% of the proceeds benefitting the 11 participating charities. The challenge culminates at 5 p.m. on December 3 during a virtual event presentation to announce the leading man of style based on monetary votes. The winning man of style will receive an additional financial contribution from various sponsors for his designated charity.
“The Galleria’s annual Men of Style will continue with a 2020 twist to recognize and celebrate the achievements of selfless men in the Fort Lauderdale community,” said Melissa Milroy, senior marketing manager at The Galleria at Fort Lauderdale. “Through a little creativity and ingenuity brought on by COVID-19, we are pleased to continue this tradition to raise funds for local charities that impact the quality of life for those they serve and the community at large.”
For the past 13 years, The Galleria has proudly presented this high energy event which showcases a stellar roster of prominent men who are making a positive impact in our community. The 11 influential and philanthropic South Florida men who have graciously donated their time and resources on behalf of their participating nonprofits are:
- Alan Goldsmith, Executive VP & Chief Administrative Officer, Broward Health (Children’s Diagnostic & Treatment Center)
- Alexander Star, Recording Artist (Kids in Distress)
- Ben Sorenson, City Commissioner – District 4, The City of Fort Lauderdale (Fort Lauderdale Independence Training Education (FLITE) Center)
- David Kofsky, CPA, CFF Founder & President, Kofsky & Winger, PA, (Art and Culture Center/Hollywood)
- Gary Ruderman, CPA, Ruderman and Company, PA (Leadership Broward Foundation)
- Harley Miller, Shareholder and Project Manager, Miller Construction (Henderson Behavioral Health)
- Jason Wetherington, Realtor, Castelli Luxury Real Estate Services (Covenant House Florida)
- Nick Matthews, Sr. Government Relations Consultant, Becker & Poliakoff (Broward Public Library Foundation)
- Ryan Bunes, Field Sales Representative, CooperVision (Florida Children’s Theatre)
- Casey Swercheck, Director of Capital Strategies, Capitala Group (Jack & Jill Children’s Center)
- Dr. Ty Richardson, CEO, One Global Index Consulting Corporation (HANDY)
Supporters are encouraged to vote for their favorite man/charity by December 3 at www.galleriamall-fl.com.
About The Galleria at Fort Lauderdale
The Galleria at Fort Lauderdale, recognized as one of South Florida's premier shopping destinations, features a variety of popular dining and retail options. Macy’s, Dillard’s and H&M anchor the center which also is home to Altar’d State, American Eagle Outfitters, Apple, Ann Taylor, Banana Republic, Free People, J. Crew, Michael Kors and Pandora. Powerhouse Gym and a fine roster of dining establishments such as Seasons 52, The Capital Grille and P.F. Chang’s can also be found at The Galleria. Just steps away from Fort Lauderdale’s world-famous beach, it is minutes from the airport, port, downtown, hotels and the Greater Fort Lauderdale Convention Center with easy access from Sunrise Boulevard, U.S. Highway 1 (Federal Highway), Interstate 95, Interstate 595, and U.S. Highway A1A (Fort Lauderdale Beach Boulevard). Located at 2414 East Sunrise Blvd., it is open from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., Mon. through Sat. and 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Sun. Restaurants enjoy later hours. More information is available by calling (954) 564-1036 or by visiting www.galleriamall-fl.com.